Monday, July 28, 2008

Being Too NICE ?

Nice guys finish last...Is it true ? Is it bad for being too NICE ? From this article, the answer is "YES."

According to the author, April Masini: "nice" equates with boring and predictable. Look up "nice" in the dictionary and you find: pleasant; agreeable; satisfactory. In other words, average - not exceptional, not exciting, and not sexy. The nice guy cares too much, too soon (Hello, that's me.) He has made the woman too important and too valuable (me again.) He is too available, too eager to please, too accommodating, and he gives too much (and me.) By doing so, he has made himself appear desperate, insecure, needy of this woman's attention, affection, and approval (OMG, me, me and me.) After all, if he's already doing and giving everything, without her doing or giving anything - why would she value him? She won't. She is not going to value him any more than he values himself. What she is going to do is look for someone else, someone who she perceives as being more worthy, more confident, and more valuable.

SOURCE

No comments: