Saturday, June 04, 2011

There Will Be No REGRET


My friend posted this article on his Facebook account and I think it worth sharing. Ms. Bronnie Ware, a woman who worked for years with the dying, wrote a list of the top 5 regrets people say aloud on their deathbed. Which one do you think would be yours ???

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
Most people had not honored even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
By simplifying your lifestyle and making conscious choices along the way, it is possible to not need the income that you think you do. And by creating more space in your life, you become happier and more open to new opportunities, ones more suited to your new lifestyle.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice.

Thanks Bronnie for giving us heads up...

No comments: