Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year Resolution ?

Could this be my New Year Resolution ? Will anyone believe me ? At first when I read this report, I was amused by it. Then, I'm thinking whether should I challenge myself since it will be nothing but good for me. The group called "The Compact" vowed not to shop for 1 year. The proposes of the group are:
1. To go beyond recycling in trying to counteract the negative global environmental and socioeconomic impacts of U.S. consumer culture, to resist global corporatism, and to support local businesses, farms, etc.
2. To reduce clutter and waste in our homes
3. To simplify our lives

And here are the rules:
First principle - don't buy new products of any kind
Second principle - borrow or buy used

With fews exceptions such as food, drink, etc. (click here for complete list of the exceptions)

So, what do you think ??

No comments: